As the summer holidays are upon us and some of us are going away, we have decided to take a break in August from the Ilford Pop up the market. Recycles will be there on Saturday 12th August 10-2pm to support you on your cycle requirements.
The market will be back in September bigger and better! We’ve come up with a few new ideas and we’d like to try them out. We’re re-branding and will be including environmental workshops, cooking demos and repairs on a regular basis.
Ilford Green Pop Up market, an environmental and community hub- Saturday 9th September 10-2pm
- Repair cafe run by two guys that love to mend things: Hemen and Dilip
- 10.30 am: Green You-tube clip of the month: This month was chosen by Sobia (tbc)
- 11.30 am: Cooking for health – demos and hands-on: This month Julie on making Kombucha
- 12:30 pm: Timebank skills sharing: to be confirmed
- Give and take food table: this is to promote the food sharing app Olio
- green and craft stalls
- Veggie, tasty community cafe
After the meeting, last month on ‘The business of Greening Redbridge’ one of the outcomes was the need to have an environmental ‘hub’ in Redbridge. We need a place where ideas and projects about the environment can be shared, the circular economy and what it means, to be more aware of our environmental choices. So while Sophia Hubs and partners explore that idea, we will know that a market is a meeting place for green-minded people so we build up the mini-hub the market has already started.
As usual, if you would like to get involved in any way, please contact Ros or Begonia.